A few weeks ago I took the kids down to Salt Lake for a couple of days. I had some things to go down for a few days in a row, so we decided to make a little "stay-cation" out of it. We missed Daddy, but since he's been gone until at least nine every night (sometimes after 11:00 p.m.) at school, working or in church meetings, we often miss him even when we're at home.
We stayed with my parents. Oh, the boys had fun! (So did my parents and brother Ben.)
We stayed with my parents. Oh, the boys had fun! (So did my parents and brother Ben.)
My friend Laura and I both moved into the same ward about the same time. I moved just before 7th grade and she moved in just after, I think. We've been friends ever since, but I haven't seen her in ages. She gave her vocal senior recital at the U of U while I was in Salt Lake (one of those "things" I went down for). It was incredible! She is such an amazing singer that as far as I'm concerned her next job should be with the Metropolitan Opera. Seriously, so amazing!
I met my friend Kate as well. She is one of those amazing friends that you may not have seen in years, but you just pick up right where you left off. Of course since I enjoy her company so much, I can't let it even be a few months without trying to see her. She just announced she's expecting baby #4. How exciting!
Kelleigh and I met when I was attending a student ward during college. She was a great confidant during that time and is one of those friends worth holding on to. I'm glad I got to catch her before she headed up to Canada to visit her family. We went to Zuppa's for lunch. Love that place!
Angela and I met during college in the Lamda Delta Sigma LDS sorority Beta. I seriously have so many good friends that I still am close to through sorority. Angie and I met up for dinner at Paradise Bakery. Yum! It was so great to catch up. I love seeing good friends!Here are some photos of the kids taken at my parent's house. This is one of my favorite of Liesel's outfits. It makes me happy just looking at those awesome plaid pants and cute embroidered top!
My mom was able to snap some photos when jason was smiling at Liesel. Jas adores her and is always eager to smile at her. Unfortunately I don't always have my camera on hand. I'm so glad to have this moment captured! Joy to my soul!!
We also visited a little at Jackie's with Isabelle, Isaac and Brad's mom and also my sister Angie and I went with my mom to her Relief Society birthday dinner. It was fun to get a few days away from cleaning the house and instead get to go out with friends without taking all my kids. Good times!
No comments:
Post a Comment