It's amazing that I have a child that old, but he is SO READY! A few months ago, he said, "Can I go to kindergarten on my birthday, or the day after?" He was rather disappointed to learn that he'd have to wait until the end of August.
A few weeks ago I took Parker in for his five-year check-up. He was pretty nervous about the shots, but was brave and didn't cry. Here are is stats: 41 3/4 inches tall (25%) and 38.2 lbs. (45%).

I am constantly amazed at how quickly kids learn. He is a little sponge absorbing everything. I am really trying to make sure he learns a lot of good things, but it seems like most of his reading and math skills he picks up almost entirely on his own. I picked up a first grade workbook today at Ross for $2.49. He started browsing through it and when we got home he did a few sheets. This page I only read the instructions and then helped him know what to do on the first two. I was in and out of the room for the rest of his page. I honestly didn't know that he knew how to read and understand well enough to complete this page on his own. Way to impress your parents, Parker!

Wow, kids grow up fast!
1 comment:
I'm glad to see my puzzle put to use so well.
Post a Comment