Friday, May 20, 2011

Las Vegas Vacation Day 5 (Part 2)

Now we get to my favorite part of our vacation. We went to Roos-N-More in Moapa, about halfway between Vegas and St. George. It is SO COOL! It's owned by a couple of veterinarians who own about 160 exotic animals. They open their "zoo" to the public about every other week. What is so incredible is that it is very hands on. Check out this Squirrel Monkey piggybacking on a Capuchin on my shoulders.

Roos-N-More has lots of other animals the kids loved, including these cute otters.

Roos-N-More varies it's open hours, so be sure to call before you come. We didn't, so by the time we got there, the kangaroos were put away out of the hot sun. My sister has gone before and her girls held a baby joey and baby wallaby.

The kids loved the Lemurs. Parker was too nervous to hold the monkeys, but he wanted to pet them. Parker and the McCaws. When we first arrived the Capuchin jumped on the stroller and climbed all over trying to get a better view of the baby. Liesel didn't seem to mind at all. Brad with the Capuchin.

When I served my mission in Bolivia, I would sometimes come across one of these sloths. The boys were fascinated.
I got to hold the cute baby Kinkajou.
Parker got a close-up view.
Dylan and Jason petting the Kinkajou. Brad and the Toucan. You can let it jump on your shoulder, but apparently he likes to grab glasses.
My brother-in-law Scott with a Squirrel Monkey.
A monkey even jumped on Jason. I thought he might cry, but he was so brave!
Isn't that the coolest thing ever? I so recommend it!

No comments: