Sunday, November 06, 2011

What the Eye Can't See

I love the hymn "Lord, I Would Follow Thee". The second verse reads,

Who am I to judge another
When I walk imperfectly?
In the quiet heart is hidden
Sorrow that the eye can’t see.
Who am I to judge another?

We don't always know what is happening in the lives of even our closest friends and family. My friend recommended this inspiring story. It is truly a reminder of the "sorrow that the eye can't see". It also shows that when we understand, we have a paradigm shift and become more gentle and supportive of others.
Here is a song that illustrates this same idea. It is inspiring to see how others have become better people as they overcome their trials. Adversity can help us develop patience, self-mastery and compassion in a way that we might not otherwise.

Hopefully we can all allow our trials to make us better and that we be more kind and loving to others...we don't know what they may be going through.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I love this! Thanks for sharing!