Saturday, March 03, 2012

Parker's First Lost Tooth!

Parker lost his first tooth today!  Last Sunday he'd shown me that it was a little loose.  The permanent tooth had just started to peek up behind it, so I figured it wouldn't be too long.  Yesterday he asked if I could pull it out.  He was pretty brave and out it came!

We'd been speculating about how much he might get from the tooth fairy.  I only remember getting about a quarter or maybe fifty cents, but perhaps there has been some inflation since then.  Parker asked for paper and said he was writing a note to the tooth fairy to ask her what she did with all the teeth.  When I first saw what he was doing, I started wondering too, ha, ha!
Parker excitedly ran into our room this morning at 6:45 to announce that the tooth fairy had come!  He showed us his two dollars and the note the tooth fairy left.
Here is a close up on his loot.  I'm pleased to read that the tooth fairy can use her fairy dust to transform teeth into whatever she wants.  Changing them to diamonds is a lot more appealing than the ideas the internet offered, like making castles or pianos made of little teeth or recycling them into little babies, ha, ha!
Parker has another tooth that is just a little loose, but he can't wait for it to fall out!  Our little boy is growing up!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Yay for Parker....losing teeth is a big deal!
I agree that some ideas on the internet were a
bit extreme. Luckily Isabelle didn't ask what
she did with them. She was just happy with her
2 dollars too!