Sunday, June 03, 2012

Life a Little Easier

My sister has great job chart and I decided to make my own version.  Every evening before bed I update their charts with the things I want the boys to do the next day.  Some, like reading, are kept the same daily.  I have a whole pile of cards that I can interchange for them to do things like vacuum the car, put away their laundry and organize the books.  I also include a couple of fun things that give them exercise, encourage them to play with their siblings, do art projects or learn something new.
The kids are excited to turn over their cards and don't usually need a specific reward, but other times they're dragging, so I say they can play a little computer or ipad when they finish and that speeds them right up.  
To make these I just made a list of the jobs and found pictures for them.  I created a table in word that had each square the size I wanted the cards.  I glued them to the back of paint swatches and punched holes in them.  They hang on a 8x10 photo frame that has colored paper where the photo would go.  The little 3M hooks I just picked up for a few dollars at Wal-mart.
It's nice just to browse through my cards and be reminded of jobs they can do.  Also, once they get started playing with their siblings, they usually play for quite a while and that is wonderful too.  Hooray for making a productive life just a little bit easier!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

That is such a great idea! I think I may have to copy it...:)