On January 25, 2013, there was an ice storm. It covered everything in a layer of ice. It happens regularly in the mid-west, but it's the first time I remember experiencing it.
Can you see our car is encased in ice?
This shows the outside and then inside of our car windshield.
We were crazy enough to go to the church and play. You can see the slippery ice. It's also foggy. There are homes across the street, but you can barely make anything out with the fog.
A few days later there was piles of snow. The road was slick because of the previous ice storm.
Basically for months we had a "death trap" walkway. I am hoping to get a south-facing driveway when we eventually move.
There was so much snow that the plows didn't have anywhere to put it. They pushed it into enormous mountains that remained for weeks. Parker and his friend Braxton loved climbing all over it.
February 1st was one of Brad's CPA exams in Salt Lake. We decided to come with him and hang out at Grandma Aldous'. Jackie and Isaac came over and later on we watched cousin Kade too. The kids loved sledding down the little hill.
Isaac is a maniac, ha, ha!
Liesel was nervous about going alone.
She enjoyed it much more with her mommy!
Jackie cruised down too. It's a pretty tiny hill, though, ha, ha!
Parker stuck his face in the snow so he could eat it better, ha, ha!
They built this little snowman "Tickle Person".
Then Jackie, Liesel, Elise, Kade and Jason came inside and Isaac and Parker stayed outside laughing forever.
I love that my siblings and in-laws love my babies almost as much as I do!
1 comment:
I love the name Tickle Person.
And it's no wonder everyone loves your kids. They are adorable!
Post a Comment