Thursday, October 02, 2008

Parker just got glasses!

Parker was prescribed glasses last week and we picked them up today. He sure looks cute, but I'm sure that it will be tricky to get him to wear them all the time. We got the most flexible pair of frames possible, but most two year-olds are not known for being consistently gentle. Parker got his eyesight genetics from his mother. I also got glasses at almost exaxtly his same age. Four of my parent's five children are far-sighted and all had glasses before they turned three. My other sister has perfect vision-lucky girl. Anyway, this photo was taken in the car just outside the optical store, hence the lovely background. This other photo of me was taken sometime the year I got glasses. I'm not exactly sure whether I am still two or just turned three, but either way, you can see me in my little glasses as well.

3 comments:

I am Laura said...

That is really young to have to have glasses. I remember getting mine in third grade. I was devastated, but happy to see things I didn't know you could see. I think he looks really good in his glasses. Wow, your one sister sure is lucky to not get the bad eyesight gene.

Kamie said...

Your son looks like such a little Aldous in that pic. I think glasses are so cute but I am sure a pain for a little kid to deal with. I can't imagine tying to keep them on my little 2 year old. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Boy, that picture of you looks really great. A real professional must have scanned it in. I cannot emphasize enough how skilled that person must be at scanning photos, whoever he or she may be.