Thursday, October 02, 2008

Tagged - Fives!

(These are in random order.) Five things I did five years ago 1. Start dating Brad more seriously 2. Student teaching 2nd grade 3. Relief Society president for my student ward 4. Live on about five hours of sleep a night 5. Hang out with friends every day and still use about 3,000 minutes a month on my cell phone Five best choices I ever made 1. Marry my sweetheart Bradley in the temple 2. Have Parker 3. Serve an LDS Mission in Bolivia (I didn't choose the place, but I loved it anyway.) 4. Strengthen my testimony 5. I am sure that Baby Pratt #2 and any future children will be excellent choices as well. Five things I love about my husband 1. His desire to be the best he can be 2. His laugh and dimple 3. He's such a hard worker 4. He is so great with Parker 5. He honors his priesthood Five movies you would watch more than once 1. While You Were Sleeping 2. Return to Me 3. My Big Fat Greek Wedding 4. Three Men and a Little Lady 5. The Sound of Music Five t.v. shows I watch 1. none (I usually don't watch t.v.) 2. The News 3. Monk (I watch the seasons on DVD on occasion) 4. Bones (Brad loves it, so sometimes I watch it with him.) 5. American Idol or So You Think You Can Dance (Depends which is on.) Five places I have been 1. Bolivia (I loved serving my mission here.) 2. Eastern U.S. and Canada (New York, Palmayra, Boston, Washington D.C., Philadelphia, etc.) 3. Western U.S. , Mexico and Canada (Oahu, Victoria, Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, L.A., San Diego, Las Vegas, Tijuana, etc.) 4. Mid-West/Southern U.S. (Chicago, Nauvoo, St. Louis, New Orleans, Biloxi, etc.) 5. Utah Five places I 'd like to go This is sort of cheating, but. . . 1. Europe (Italy, France, Germany, England, Greece, ect.) 2. Asia (Israel, India, China, Thailand, Ukraine, etc.) 3. South Pacific (Samoa, Tonga, Tahiti, New Zealand, Australia, etc.) 4. Africa (Egypt, South Africa, Morocco, anywhere it would be safe to go on safari, etc.) 5. South America (I've been to Peru and Bolivia, but I'd like to go back. I would like to go more places too.) Five jobs I have had 1. Mother (my favorite job!) 2. Elementary School Teacher 3. Secretary for a real estate developer 4. Old Navy employee 5. Cashier at a dry cleaner Five pet peeves 1. Poking me, especially repetitively (If you poke my sides, I just might punch you.) 2. People who pee on the toilet seat - Gross!! 3. People who forget that their blinker is on and drive forever that way 4. When cars are driving really slowly and you can't pass them 5. Spam Five of my favorite books (This is really hard to narrow down) 1. The Book of Mormon 2. The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom 3. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee 4. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo 5. Fire and the Covenant bu Gerald Lund I also loved the Anne of Green Gables series, the Work and the Glory series, the Laura Ingalls Wilder series, Gone With the Wind by Margarett Mitchell, the Harry Potter series, James Herriot's books, Black Like Me by John Howard Griffin, Jane Austen's books and a million children's books (I was a school teacher, what can I say?) Five of my favorite foods 1. Funeral potatoes (I know the name is not ideal, but you know what I mean this way.) 2. Cheesecake 3. Cafe Rio pork salad 4. Homemade ice cream 5. Ice cream shakes Five of my favorite things to do 1. Spend time with Brad and Parker 2. Spend time with my family (including my in-laws) 3. Spend time with my friends 4. Talk on the phone with or read blogs of the people I can't visit in person 5. It's not that I am super outgoing, but I am certainly a social individual. Five of my favorite outdoor activities 1. Rollerblading 2. Snow skiing 3. Water skiing 4. Walking 5. Playing ultimate frisbee (even though I haven't played in years) Five of my favorite indoor activities 1. Talking with family of friends 2. Eating 3. Playing games 4. Watching a really good movie 5. Reading a really good book Five things I look forward to 1. Our new baby boy 2. Christmas (I love the whole season!) 3. Hanging out with family 4. Hanging out with friends 5. The new baby (I am super excited about that one!) If you want to be tagged, you're it!

No comments: