Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's and Recommendations

Brad and I take turns planning what to do for Valentine's Day. This year it was my turn. I considered going out, but decided to avoid the Love Day crowds and go out another time. My sister and parents offered to watch the kids, but we'll take them up on that in a week or two and go out.
I decided to make a candlelight dinner with all three of my boys. I made lettuce wraps (one of Brad's favorites), Kung Pao Chicken and rice. I had never made either of the recipes before, but they turned out well. The Kung Pao Chicken had a little too much "pow" because it was quite spicy, but I'll probably make a toned-down version again. Afterwards we read the valentines from grandparents and the ones we had made for each other for family night. Then Parker went to bed.

Brad and I watched Fireproof, which I really enjoyed. The movie is about a firefighter whose marriage is on the rocks at the point of divorce. He takes a love dare to do nice things for his wife. I'm sure the things he does would strengthen any marriage. It's a little cheesy at times, but really funny at others. I think we might buy it and I really don't like to buy just whatever movie. As an added bonus it starred Kirk Cameron who I haven't seen since Growing Pains. It is the same type of movie as The Ultimate Gift in that it's about what is really important in life. If you haven't seen either of those movies, I highly recommend them.

No comments: