Saturday, December 26, 2009

'Twas the Night Before Christmas

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas! We sure did! We'll break our fun into a few posts, this first one all about Christmas Eve. At our house, Santa came a day early; Lucky us! Here we are walking to see our Christmas tree.

What's in this stocking? It's a Shake 'n Go Bear car. What fun!

Santa fulfilled Parker's wish of getting a game that the whole family could play when he gave us this 3-in-1 basketball, baseball, skeeball game. Here is Parker practicing his pitching. In the afternoon we drove to Grandma Pratt's down in Springville. We had so much fun eating delicious soups and breads, playing games, eating treats, listening to stories and visiting with all of our wonderful family! Here are the kids listening to Grandma read a story.
Here are the two smallest in attendance: Cache and Kade.
Grandma Pratt gave all the kids these sweet Santa pants filled with treats. Thanks for a great time, Grandma!
Afterwards we drove back to Salt Lake to my parent's home. We had a delicious dinner, read in Luke 2 and then sang Christmas songs. Here is Parker ringing his bells and singing "Jingle Bells".
My Grandma and Aunt Suzie were able to be there with us.
We ended the night with my first Monopoly game in years. I came in second to Angie, who had been trying to lose the whole game. How ironic she won. Actually, not really. One of the reasons I don't play Monopoly much is that it has a little too much luck for my preference. I usually prefer a little more skill to be involved so that I can feel some accomplishment in winning. I also don't play it much because of its length. I had a great time, however, in this round of Monopoly. Surely I can contribute that to the fantastic company.
We stayed that night at my parents. The kids actually slept all night until 8:00- sweet! Look forward to more of our fun coming soon!

1 comment:

lys said...

a) I love that you are all fully dressed when you went into to see the presents around the Christmas tree.

b) Are you the skinniest you have ever been right now? Wow, you look great!