Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Why I've Been MIA in the Blogging World

Well, I actually can't tell you exactly why I haven't posted in a while, because it has to do with "homemade" Christmas gifts. I'll have to post about that later. We have managed to fit in a lot of fun too. Here are some of the things we've been doing:

On Friday we made a quick gingerbread house. When I say quick, I mean it. Brad and Parker did the whole thing in fifteen minutes. Parker had a blast. Tonight he also had fun eating said gingerbread house- well as much of it as I'd let him. On Saturday we went to Salt Lake and visited with both of our families. We were so glad to have all of Brad's siblings meet up at his parents so we could see everyone. We started out dipping chocolates. Bellsie seemed to enjoy it the most.
Parker dipped a bit, but he was most interested in eating peanuts. He still loves them!
My nephew Isaac gets cuter every time I see him.
Jason has those elastic arms that all babies have and can reach a lot farther than you think. He sure loved the freshly dipped pretzel he found!
Brad with Kade and Jason.
We're so happy that Jada is in town! We loved seeing her and are excited to see her a lot more this week!
Adam is such a handsome kid! We're thrilled that he'll be a big brother soon! Here is my little elf a.k.a. Kade. Isn't he cute?
Afterwards we braved the traffic, the crowds and the cold to see the lights at Temple Square. It's always so beautiful!
It was great to have our nice manueverable double stroller. I love that in fits in our Civic's trunk without even taking off the wheels! By the time we took this picture Jason was out and we were just about to leave.
Jason woke up in the car and enjoyed a hilarious round of peek-a-boo. I love the little grin you can see behind his fists.
Here I am with my little boys. Behind me on our tree you can see a few paper angels. Those are from a family night a few weeks ago. Written on each one is our gift to Christ. Mine is to be early to church, which I anticipate to be tricky with the change to the nine o'clock block. Brad's meetings will start an hour earlier 6:30 AM (poor Brad). I'm determined to get the boys ready early, so wish me luck! Tonight we celebrated Christmas at home. We had a good dinner, did a nativity play and sang Christmas songs around the tree. Our nativity was precious. Brad had to narrate and be the camera man while Parker, Jason and I took turns being the characters. Jason kept wanting to run away and unwrap the gifts the whole time, but Parker loved it. He can't wait to act it out again with cousins.
We're heading down to Springville tomorrow afternoon; I can't wait to see all of Brad's family. Then we'll head up to my parents and spend the night. Because of that we're opening our presents tomorrow. When Parker wrote Santa, he requested that he come to our house a day early. Parker is estatic that Santa wrote him back a letter! (Thank you City of North Ogden!)
Well, I have finished creating/buying all my gifts, wrapping them and putting them under the tree. Three fourths of the gifts under our tree are to give away to others. It's fun to see them there, but it will be far more fun to see them opened by those we love. We hope you get to spend Christmas with those you love. Have a fantastic Christmas!

2 comments:

lys said...

What a fabulous Christmas!

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute post and cute pics Jen! I loved reading it-thank you for it