Sunday, May 13, 2012

Celebrating Mother's Day

I have the most amazing mom, mother-in-law and grandmothers!  Abraham Lincoln's quote, 
"All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother"
could definitely apply the wonderful influence that they have had on me.  
To celebrate the kids made a cute card and helped make a little felt and ribbon sachet for each of their grandmothers, but I neglected to take a photo.  I did, however, take a photo with each Grandma.  It took about 200 photos to get the ones posted here, so NO, my kids do not always cooperate for photos.
With a late soccer game on Mother's Day weekend, we decided to visit all of our grandmas that live in Salt Lake the weekend before.  After Parker's game and a quick lunch we headed to my Grandma Ipson's.  
After a wonderful visit we headed to my Grandma Cannon's.
Next we stopped by my parentvy's.  My mom played a lively game of Twister with the boys, ha, ha!
Here they are with their Grandma Aldous.
Next we visited Brad's Grandma and Grandpa Carlson.
Afterwards we met Grandma and Grandpa Pratt at Mimi's Cafe for dinner.  Jason had an especially hard time keeping himself controlled, but it was great food and great company.
We haven't make it down to Springville to visit Great Grandma Pratt yet, but we mailed her gifts and will visit soon.
Parker made this portrait of me at school.  What a great smile I have:)  He must really love me, because he is thrilled about Kangaroo Zoo, "Old McDonald's" food and playing games!
I have such an amazing husband.  He had the day off from church meetings and instead of sleeping really late like I'm sure he wanted, he got up and made a delicious breakfast of eggs, hash browns and pina coladas!
Parker and Jason sang to me in church, well at least a few of the words of "Mother Dear" and "Mother, I Love You".  Our church gave out lemon poppy seed mini loaves this year, yum!  Jason made me this card at church.
 After church Brad made dinner and dessert.  He made a skillet of corned beef with cabbage and potatoes.  It was very good.  He made delicious homemade cream puffs for dessert!  While Brad was preparing the feast, we called our mothers, grandmothers and childless aunt and wished them all a happy Mother's Day.  The kids sang, "A Happy Family", but adjusted the words to be, "I love Grandma, Grandma loves me.  We love Grandma, yes-sirree.  She loves us and so you see, we are a happy family!"
After dinner the kids gave me their cards.
They made them entirely on their own with no help from anyone, except getting out the supplies.
Unfortunately Liesel found Parker's and ripped up the flower, but he was a good sport and just glued the pieces back on. 
Then Brad got the kids changed into their pjs and into bed.  He rested a "few minutes" with Liesel and promptly fell asleep.  I went in twenty minutes later to check and found them both out.  He tucked Parker into bed and went to rest with Jason, where he quickly fell asleep again, ha, ha!  I checked on him again and he woke up to clear the dinner dishes, so I have time to post this!  I love that Brad loves me enough to make my day special even when he is clearly so tired.
I love my three little crazy, energetic, precious angels.  It is rather overwhelming sometimes to know how best to help them become their best selves, but I know that through my efforts I am becoming my best self.
Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: