Saturday, October 30, 2010

Random Skills

Once I mentioned that I know how to solve a Rubik's cube. I'll forget about it for long periods of time and then see one and play around with it for a while. I learned how to do it from some friends in college. It's one of those random skills that is not really useful, but I enjoy doing it anyway. It would probably fit in the Napoleon Dynamite quote, "You know, like nunchuck skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills. Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills." Brad probably went out with me because I had Rubik's cube skills. . .that's certainly not true. I don't think he knew I could solve it until we'd been dating for a while, but it makes me want to watch Napoleon Dynamite since I haven't seen it since it came out on DVD.

So, back to the Rubik's cube, I'm not very fast. For this post I looked up the records and found that several people solve it in under 20 seconds and some as fast as 7 seconds; That's crazy fast! I usually take 4-5 minutes, so I'm relatively very pokey. I like to do different designs to mix it up. Moving the centers around and making checkered boxes is really fast. Sometimes I'll solve it checkered too. It took me about ten minutes to do all of the designs above (a few of them are just different angles).


So what random talents do you have?

1 comment:

lys said...

What random talents do I have? None. Even if I did, it wouldn't be nearly as cool as that one. BTW, 4 or 5 minutes to solve the Rubik's Cube is FAST.